Chithrakoota Ayurveda is your perfect match when it comes to treating back, neck and shoulder pain and general muscle tension in the body. Ayurveda has a veryspecialised approach to erase pain. Kati Basti is an excellent Ayurvedic therapy for those suffering from back, neck or shoulder pain.
Ayurveda is not only a healing science but is an art of living. It helps achieve longevity through its principles and is a source of guidance for every individual. The intent is to prevent diseases and maintain good health on a long-term basis. Chithrakoota Ayurveda looks at each person on an individual basis and takes a holistic approach with an Ayurvedic practitioner looking at restoring all the bodily functions when dealing with back pain or musculoskeletal disorders. There are many different causes for back pain varying from stress, poor posture physical trauma, poor diet and lifestyle to name a few, and for that reason this approach is essential for a long lasting result. Back pain has become very common in this era. One of the seen causes in today’s modern world is the increase of sedentary occupations and many hours spent sitting at a computer where the back loses its strength, with the addition of poor body posture, lack of mobility and stress, over the years this can accumulate to severe back issues that need a specific therapy that works on a very deep level other than just a regular massage.
What is Kati Bati?
Kati refers to low back and Basti stands for retaining something inside, in this case medicated oil where it is absorbed by the tissues. The procedure of applying heat to the sacral or lumbar region by retaining warm medicated oil within a specially formed frame in this area is popularly known as ‘Kati Basti’. Kati Basti is an Ayurveda therapy, mainly for backache. It is also good to keep the spine healthy. Generally, Basti treatment is used to promote elimination of the loosened VataDosha. Basti involves introducing medicinal substances such as herbal oils in liquid form on affected parts of the body until oil get absorbed through skin pores & becomes part of the tissue. Since Vata is mainly located in the colon and bones the oil is applied on those parts of the body.
is form of giving fomentation to localized area.
Black gram or whole wheat flour dough is kept over the lower back or point of pain Warm oil is to be poured inside the circle and kept there till it is warm. As it cools the oil is replaced with the help of a spoon, cotton or cloth. And warmed oil is added back into the dough area. In Kati Basti warm medicated oil is kept on the affected part of the back region for a prescribed time. This stimulates blood flow to the affected area and releases the blocked or vitiated VataDosha. This way it, to an extent, helps eliminate the root cause of back pain. Kati Basti is one of best options to treat all kinds of backaches.
Oils used in KatiBasti :
- Dhanwantharm- Oil which is mainly used for the treatment of Vatadoshas. Dhanwantharm tail has properties such as anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anti-rheumatic. Traditionally helps in relieving pain increasing immunity which also strengthens muscles plus increases elasticity of the skin.
- Sahacharadi– Mainly used in reliving chronic lower back pain and also helps in treatment of Vata diseases, tremors, convulsions, psychosis, stiffness of thigh, muscle cramps and gynecology disorders.
- Nirgunditaila– Ayurvedic external applicant remedy to heal many disorders. Hot fomentation with the prior application of nirgunditaila generally helps in reliving lower back pain.
- Murivennataila – Ayurvedictaila can be administered internally and externally for treating numerous disorders. Murivenna is mainly used in combination of coconut oil base which quickens the wound healing and is the very good pain reliver
Benefits of Kati Basti:
- Nourishes and strengthens the back muscles and nerves.
- Increases the blood circulation in the region.
- Reduces one of the primary sites of Vata thus relieving pain in the area.
- Reduces soreness and tension.
- Reduces painful muscle spasms and muscle stiffness
- Relieves chronic lower back aches
- Restoring flexibility.
Kati Basti is very good even if you are not suffering from a backache. It strengthens the back and increases flexibility & longevity of spine. Visit Chithrakoota Ayurveda today and get all the benefits of this ancient Ayurvedic therapy.