We all love to hug our favorite foods once in a while or if it came without increasing our calories, it would be every day. But every good thing comes with terms and conditions just like those delicious foods which comes with the major problem of obesity. Obesity is a condition where a person is overweight. It is common in few countries but it is not a healthy behavior at all. Being obese comes with lot other complications like diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol etc.
Excessive weight gain is caused when people consume more calories than the body needs—occurring most commonly due to eating a diet high in fat and calories, being sedentary, or both. This imbalance between calories consumed and calories burned, however, can also be caused by a number of different Obesity-related factors such as genetic, hormonal, behavioral, environmental and, to some extent, cultural.
In Ayurveda, obesity is regarded as medoroga, a disorder of meda dhatu, which includes fat tissue and fat metabolism and caused by aggravation of kapha. As we all know, imbalance of doshas causes illness in our body, obesity is due to imbalance of vata,pitta and kapha along with imbalance of agni, malas or shrotas.
From the Ayurvedic perspective, the key cause is found in lifestyle and diet choices that disrupt balance. Ayurveda views weight imbalance and obesity as something that should be corrected before it can contribute to other health problem.
For Ayurveda remedies, one should do a cleansing diet and avoid food which aggravates kapha in our bodies and also cleansing of the Medovahi channels through cleansing herbs so that excess weight can be reduced.For a cleanse of soul, mind and body, Chithrakoota Kundapura is the right destination. Chithrakoota Meidcal and health center is facilitated with experts in the fields and offer some amazing Ayurvedic treatments.
Here are some tips that you can follow at home to reduce weight and change into a healthy lifestyle:
- Drink mint tea or make a paste of green mint with some simple spices and eat during meals.
- Eat vegetables such as bitter gourd and drumsticks to control obesity.
- Take a tablespoon of honey daily with warm water. It is an excellent home remedy for obesity
- Take one teaspoonful of fresh honey and mix with a half of lime juice in a glass of lukewarm water. Take several times a day at regular intervals. You can fast on this drink during the day without the loss of energy. Highly effective in obesity.
As food is concerned, try to follow these tips:
- Avoid high carbohydrates like polished rice and potato.
- Avoid oily and fried foods, processed foods, fatty foods like butter, purified butter, cheese, whole-milk yogurt, cream, chocolate, etc.
- Have more bitter vegetables like bitter gourd and the bitter variety of drumsticks.
- Replace refined flour with whole-wheat flour and rice with brown rice or parboiled rice.
- Increase intake of fruits, salads and vegetables.
If you want to turn towards taking herbs, consider these:
- 3 parts kutki, 3 parts chitrak, 2 parts shilajit and 5 parts punarnava – take ½ teaspoon of this mixture twice a day with 1teaspoon honey, before meals.
- In addition, taking 1 tablet of the following herbs all together, with warm water, 3 times a day after meals: triphalaguggulu, chitrak-adhivati, punarnavaguggulu.
- It is also helpful to take triphala every night. At least 1 hour after dinner, pour 1 cup of boiling water over ½ to 1 teaspoon triphala, let it steep for 10 minutes and drink.
There are numerous home remedies to follow but everyone’s metabolism is different. What works for your friend might not work for you and hence you need to take expert advice as per your body’s structure. Before taking any medications or trying out new diets, consider seeing a specialist and understand how your body works and what is good or bad for you and your body. Since Ayurveda remedies leaves no side effects and is a great way to also change your lifestyle along with your weight, one can consult specialist of Chithrakoota Udupi.
Obesity is a common problem in all over the world, majorly in North America. It is mainly due to improper lifestyle, wrong food choices and lack of exercise. Above all, people do not have a sense of self awareness. They are taken by external factors, by their senses and do not give importance for their existence in this universe. They don’t have mind, body and spiritual connection, and not even breathing right. Ayurvedic approach provides all the necessary tools to bring back health, harmony and An Ayurvedic approach to Obesity can bring peace in life. By adopting simple life style and healthy eating habits anyone can enjoy the life optimally without much stress or expenses. Possible diseases like diabetes, heart diseases, stroke, and cholesterol can be prevented. So much money can be saved.
As the proverb says “health is wealth”, which is true by all means, one can be completely happy if they have a healthy mind, body and spirit and guess what? Putting effort to change does not cost anything.