Ayurveda is a bunch of techniques, theories and practices that have been accumulated over many centuries from Gods to sages to humans. It can heal basic problems of everyday and also life sucking diseases. Due to the current advanced and progressing life routines, most of us often deal with headache and migraines. Some get up in the morning with mild headache and some can’t sleep at night due to migraine. For some it only stays for a while and for others it’s worse than death. Usually, we prefer one tablet to leave behind the pain. But what happens if you keep taking this chemical too often? It might cure your pain for the day but it certainly leaves a huge impact and bounces a lot of side effects sooner or later.
Chithrakoota Ayurveda, situated at Kundapura. Karnataka offers various Ayurvedic remedies to help you relax and rejuvenate. Shirolepa is one such therapy offered at Chithrakoota which aims at curing your headache. Primary headaches are stand-alone illnesses caused directly by the over activity of, or problems with structures in the head that are pain-sensitive. This includes the blood vessels, muscles, and nerves of the head and neck. They may also result from changes in chemical activity in the brain. Ayurvedic medicine is based upon careful observations. Ayurveda aims at understanding each person and analyse the root cause of any illness and provide a natural and long term solution.
What is Shiro lepa ?
Various ayurvedic herbs and powerful combination of natural ingredients are mixed into a fine paste which is then applied on scalp. The scalp is then covered and tied with special kind of leaves which interact well with the scalp and provide relaxation and nourishment. The treatment is not only beneficial to reduce headaches but also reduces heaviness of head and stress. It also prevents the graying of hair reduces hair fall. Shiro lepa is an ancient Ayurvedic technique to reduce mental tension and also helps in the nourishment of skin. This therapy stabilizes the nervous system of the body and the patient experiences extreme relaxation. Shrio lepa can also cure diseases of scalp and skin. The treatment is known to improve the memory and concentration of a person.
How it is done?
As mentioned earlier, a herbal paste is applied over the head and this is covered with leaf. Along with this, a medicated oil is applied over the head and body. After a specified duration the paste is removed and the oil is wiped off. After the removal of the herbal paste, the head and body are again washed with warm water to warm up the body.
Some of the ingredients used in Shirolepa :
- Jatamasi : Jatamasi or Spikenard is an anti-stress and anti-fatigue herb. The roots of Jatamasi are the primary medicinal parts of the plant that have therapeutic effects on your stressed mind.
- Brahmi : Brahmi is well-known for reducing stress. This herb counteracts the effects of stress by regulating hormones involved with the stress response.
- Ashwagandha : Ashwagandha, which is a combination of amino acids and vitamins, acts as an adaptogen that helps the body adapt itself to stressful situations and further boosts energy, stamina and endurance power.
- Vacha : The magical root of this herb has a reliever action over various mental disorders. Its calmative properties help you sleep better and calm an anxious mind. It is also known to increase and improve memory power.
- Amla : Amla is known as a powerful Ayurvedic remedy for improving eyesight. Indian gooseberry or amla is one of the best sources of vitamin C. This fruit is enriched with antioxidants and other powerful nutrients which can improve your eyesight.
- Gotu Kola : Gotu kola increases blood circulation the brain. It protects the brain from damage due to the wear and tear of its cells. Gotu kola can regenerate lost energy and make the person feel more energetic.
of the Benefits of Shirolepa are
mentioned below :
- Relaxes mind and body
- Cure headache
- Improves vision
- Improves memory
- Relieve tension
- Reduces mental stress
- Improved quality of sleep
- Prevents graying of hair
- Prevents hair fall
- Control dandruff
- Useful for skin diseases
Shirolepa helps to calm the body as well and mind due to the soothing effect of the herbs used in the procedure. Along with curing regular headaches, this herbal scalp treatment helps to regulate scalp disorders and dry hair. It also refreshes the body which helps in relieving tension. It is also known to stabilize the nervous system of the body that ultimately leads to extreme relaxation. With the power of medicinal herbs, Shirolepa is also known to improve the memory and concentration with long term application. Visit Chitrakoota Ayurveda, to get the complete benefits if Shirolepa and relieve your stress and heal from the occurring headache and also get the benefit of a healthy hair.